Friday, July 1, 2022

Owners Corporation Act 2006

Part 12
Division 1
Section 187

Death, disability etc. of registered manager | Section 187

(1)     The following persons may carry on the management business of a person who was registered under this Part for 60 days after the person ceases to be registered—

(a)     if the person dies, the executor named in the person’s will or the administrator of the person’s estate or any person who intends applying for letters of administration in relation to the person’s estate;

(b)     if the person becomes an insolvent under administration, the assignee, trustee or receiver of the person;

S. 187(1)(c) amended by No. 13/2019 s. 221(Sch. 1 item 34).

(c)     if the person becomes a represented person within the meaning of the Guardianship and Administration Act 2019 , the guardian or administrator of the person or any person nominated by the guardian or administrator;

(d)     if the person becomes an externally-administered body corporate, the liquidator, official manager, receiver, receiver and manager or other external administrator.

(2)     If a person authorised to carry on a business applies to the Business Licensing Authority within the 60 day period for permission to carry on the business for a longer period, the person may continue to carry on the business until the Authority makes a decision on the application.

(3)     The Business Licensing Authority may grant an application if it is satisfied that it is not contrary to the public interest to do so.

(4)     In granting its permission, the Authority may limit it in any way it thinks appropriate and may impose any conditions it thinks appropriate to ensure the ongoing protection of the public interest.

(5)     A person who carries on a management business under this section is deemed to be a registered manager for the purposes of this Act.

© State of Victoria (Consumer Affairs Victoria). For the latest information please go to

Disclaimer: Reproduced from the Owners Corporation Act 2006. This website does not give legal advice or other professional advice. You should seek legal or other professional advice before acting and not rely on any of the content on this website.

didn't find what you are looking for?

Try searching for It


Drop us a message!