Friday, July 1, 2022

Owners Corporation Act 2006

Part 10
Division 1A
Section 159E

What if the person does not rectify the breach? | Section 159E

(1)     If a person has been given a notice under section 159D, the owners corporation may
decide to apply to VCAT to resolve a short‑stay accommodation dispute in relation to the breach and may seek one or more of the following orders—

(a)     a prohibition order under section 169D;

(b)     an order for a civil penalty under section 169G;

(c)     any applicable order that VCAT may make under section 165.

(2)     The owners corporation may make a decision under subsection (1), whether or not the person to whom the notice is given has rectified the breach.

S. 159F inserted by No. 34/2018 s. 5.

© State of Victoria (Consumer Affairs Victoria). For the latest information please go to

Disclaimer: Reproduced from the Owners Corporation Act 2006. This website does not give legal advice or other professional advice. You should seek legal or other professional advice before acting and not rely on any of the content on this website.

didn't find what you are looking for?

Try searching for It


Drop us a message!